Well, keeping your family’s teeth and gums healthy is quite important to any of us. Their sparkling smiles are something that we all wish to look for when around. Also, according to research- gum diseases can lead to various problems in the body, this may include- increased risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Many experts agree on the fact that conditions like tooth decay and other gum-related diseases can be prevented by establishing good oral hygiene. Yes, we are talking about taking a few minutes from your busy schedule for teeth every day.Read More
By following these simple tips:
- Train Your Kids At An Early Age: Once you notice that your infant is teething, immediately start with your baby’s dental care. Teeth can also be wiped up with clean or you can also use a soft brush. When your baby is around 2 years of age, you can make them learn brushing their teeth. Always start early to prevent cavities later in life.
- Coating up the tooth trouble: The permanent molars tend to pop around the age of six. You can try applying a thin protective coating on the front as well as the back of the teeth to prevent decay in the pits and fissures. Try introducing your kids with sealants at early so that they get used to it to prevent cavities. You can also consult dentist calgary for the same.
- Using Fluoride-Based Toothpaste: Remember, fluoride makes your enamel strong, making it less likely to decay. Add fluoride-based toothpaste or use fluoridated water to keep that smile healthy.
- Brush at least twice a day and floss daily: Gum-related diseases and tooth decay are the major problems and are noticed in individuals of every age. Brush at least twice a day and do not forget to use the floss at least once. Also, change your toothbrush every 3 months a year.
- Rinse thoroughly or chew gum after every meal: Try adding fun elements in your dental care by adding antibacterial mouthwash and sugar-chew gums after every meal. This will help you to control the saliva flow and will further lead to wash the bacteria present naturally.
- Use Mouth Guards: Make your children wear mouth guards during sporty activities like skate-boarding, swimming, and mores to prevent injuries. Consult dental clinic toronto to make a custom mouth guard for your kids.
- Avoid Consuming Tobacco: Remember, tobacco and smoking stain your teeth and exposes your teeth to harmful oral diseases. Consider quitting, in case you smoke or consume tobacco.
- Follow a Healthy Diet: Add a well-balanced diet of whole foods like grains, nuts, fruits, and green vegetables. You can also add dairy products as they provide you with some essential nutrients that are good for your teeth and gums.
- Avoid Sugar-based Food products: Avoid sugary drinks like fruit drinks, soft drinks, and more as they pose extreme threats to your teeth due to high acid and sugar levels. Products like candies and chocolates are also the culprits here because they tend to linger on your teeth surface- this might cause cavities in the long run.
- Visit your Dentist Regularly: You should get your teeth checked up after every 6 months and more often in case you have gum-related problems. By establishing this routine your dentist will be able to remove plaque and build-up that is hard to brush up every day.